Latest news of music and much more about musical world

Shaun Ryder blanks out Paul McCartney meeting


Shaun Ryder doesn’t remember meeting Sir Paul McCartney.

The Happy Mondays frontman is a huge fan of The Beatles but can’t recall speaking to the legendary musician because he was high on drugs at the time.

He told Uncut magazine: 'He once compared us to The Beatles in their 'Magical Mystery Tour’ phase, which was a great compliment. Maybe he was just being polite.

'Apparently I met Paul a couple of times. I’ll be f**ked if I can remember anything about it. I only remember it because someone has shown me some photos. When you’ve spent as much time off your t*ts as I have, there are a lot of things you’re never going to remember.'

Despite his drug-taking past, Shaun insists he is now clean because he is tired of experimenting with substances.

The 46-year-old star explained: 'By the time you get to the age I am, you’ve been there, read the book, bought the T-shirt. At the end of the day, if I wasn’t bored with drugs I’d still be taking the things.

That goes for alcohol as well. Been there, done it.'